Thursday, May 17, 2012

16 Week Summer Project Challenge


Two blogs in two days!?  Wow, I am on a roll!

In doing a bunch of what I guess you can call “soul searching”, I’ve come to realize that one of the things keeping me from getting everything done that I want to get done is that I try to do too much at once.  I am way too “all or nothing” and I wind up with either nothing done, or more often than not a bigger mess on my hands than I had in the first place. 

I come up with these huge projects that I want to finish and I’ll try to squeeze all of it into a small period of time along with the other “mandatory” household tasks that need to be accomplished, so I end up with a handful of half-done projects and a filthy house, and that in turn kills my mood and makes it hard for me to get ANYTHING done.

So, I have decided that I instead will pick a project a week, set aside time each day to devote to ONLY that project and get it done.  I thought during the summer would be a good time to do this since I won’t have kids’ homework to focus on and I will have extra hands around to help move stuff, clean stuff, and take care of younger siblings.

I am going to start my first project on Monday, May 21st and my last project will be the week of September 3rd  (16 weeks total, if you’re counting)and I’d like to update my blog weekly with before and after pictures.  We will be going on vacation for a week during the summer and obviously I can’t do any household projects while I’m away, I’m going to set that week for the week that Independence Day falls on, but it could potentially change as we haven’t decided for sure when or where we are going.

Projects:
Week 1: Designate and Organize A Craft Closet For My Crafting Stuff
Week 2: Create A “Kid’s Corner” Art and Activity Area
Week 3: Clean Up The Backyard and Make a Sandbox Play Area For The Kids
Week 4: Plant A Garden In Front Of The House
Week 5: Organize and Decorate Max and Cheyenne’s Bedroom
Week 6: Organize and Decorate Julian and Blake’s Bedroom
Week 7: Vacation
Week 8: Kitchen Organization
Week 9: Decorate and Organize Living Room/Family Room
Week 10: Photo Organization
Week 11: Master Bedroom Decoration and Organization
Week 12: Decorate and Organize Bathrooms
Week 13: Self Improvement (Nails, Hair, and Clothes “Oh, My!”)
Week 14: Carpet and Furniture Shampooing YEEHAW!
Week 15: Back To School Plan Of Action (Planning Ahead To Make The School Year Run Smoothly)
Week 16: Organizing The Hell That Is My Home Office

No comments:

Post a Comment